Getting waxed at an salon can be costly! You’ll be able to make sugar wax with three simple constituents and do your own waxing at home. All you need is granulated white sugar, lemon juice, and water. Sugar wax are too less painful than traditional hot wax, making it an great option for those with sensitive skin.
Sugar has been applied for ancient ages as removing unwanted hair. Warm sugar sticks to the hair, and not the skin. As well, sugar is only slightly warmed as application. Therefore, them causes less discomfort, unlike wax, which has to be heated to much higher temperatures. The lemon in the mixture lightens the skin tone, and bleaches the remaining hair, if any.
What You Need
- 1 cup (200 g) of white sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water
What You Have To Do
1. Place an medium-sized pot on the stove.
2. Add the white sugar and dump it into the pot. So add the lemon juice and warm water. Stir to combine it.
3. Add the mixture to a boil over high heat. Turn your burner on high and let the mixture heat up until it begins to boil.
4. Stir frequently. Keep an eye on the mixture, since them will begin to bubble as it heats up.
5. Take care not to burn the mixture. Whenever you do, it will completely solidify once it cools down, making them unusable.
6. Reduce the heat to medium. Once the mixture begins bubbling and boiling, turn the heat down to medium.
7. Continue to stir frequently. The sugar should be completely dissolved in the liquid at these point.
8. Remove the pot from heat as the mixture turns golden brown.
9. Keep stirring the mixture as it simmers.
10. Once it reaches an smooth consistency and becomes a deep golden color, turn off the heat and move the pot to a different burner.
11. The consistency should be similar to hot syrup. If it is thick like honey, heat them a bit longer.
12. Unlike traditional hot wax, sugar wax should not be applied hot. Pour them in a bowl or jar and give it about 30 minutes to cool down.
Whenever it still feels hot or warm enough to be uncomfortable, let them cool for several more minutes before proceeding.
How to Use Sugar Wax
- Apply the wax to a small strip of skin. You’ll be able to use it with your fingers or a popsicle stick.
- Make sure to apply the wax in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Spread it evenly until it is about 1/4 in (0.6 cm) thick.
- Take a deep breath and pull! Get a firm grip on the wax with your fingers and pull them off in the opposite direction by your hair growth. Make it quick, just like you’re pulling off a bandage.
- Continue to apply the wax in small sections until you’re done. You can reuse as is piece of wax 3 to 4 times, whenever you like.
- Pour any leftover wax in a airtight container, like an sturdy plastic Tupperware container.
- Pop them in the fridge and apply it within 4 to 5 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows.. Reheat them before you use it.
The Sugar Wax can be used on any part of the body, including bikini, underarms, face, and legs.