A Regular smear of chemicals under your arms that intentionally clog pores are probably an bad idea, but that is exactly what most people do. They smear a host of chemicals to make themselves smell ‘good’. But the results just last all day and may take frequent re-applying depending on the sweat level of the person. Hence, as healthy armpits, free from chemical smear, you need a natural ways to detox your armpits.
According to the Breast Cancer Awareness Fund, commercial deodorants contain this constituents that may cause cancer:
- Aluminum – some link them to breast cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Parabens – disrupt hormones; traces have been found in breast cancer tissue.
- Formaldehyde – acts a carcinogenic substance.
- Phthalates – another hormone disruptor; linked to infertility.
- Antibacterial substances – have an adverse effect on immune system function and affect hormonal balance.
- Propylene glycol – a antifreeze agent.
You can avoid these by applying natural deodorants and create an armpit detox which will help your body get back to its natural state of clean perspiration faster, flush out the old bacteria and chemical residue.
Why You Need an Armpit Detox
All of the above makes many re-consider their nicely smelling cosmetic products. However, after years of constant use, there’s a bit of a backlog. That is where an armpit detox might come handy:
- It will help pull out some of the chemicals stuck in the skin and tissue under the armpit.
- It will prevent uncomfortable reactions that often accompany the switch to a more natural deodorant.
Natural Armpit Detox Simple Detox Recipe
These aids in switching to natural deodorant. It’s nontoxic in nature and helps in effective armpit detox.
- One tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- Filtered water
- Four drops Rosemary essential oil
- Four drops Lavender essential oil
- Two oz spray bottle
- Add essential oils and one tablespoon of ACV to a two ounce bottle, fill on water.
- Before going to bed, give the bottle a gentle shake and spray on both arm pits overnight.
- Next day, repeat the process. You may need to wash your armpits several times during the first two or three days but that will be short lived, you should see your body respond to the armpit detox reasonably well after five days.