Most people would like to look their best for the summer months when they wear shorts and sandals, so the sooner you collect your foot soak ingredients together, the sooner your feet will look soft and smooth.
For some minutes every day you can pamper your feet with a Listerine home-made foot soak that will provide many healing properties for the myriad health issues that can trouble your feet.
A good foot soak will make you feel a bit pampered, it will make you feel relaxed. They can do wonders like soothing your muscles, hydrating your skin and relief from pains that happens due to standing for hours or walking in new shoes.
It’s also found to reduce swelling of foot and preventing bacteria from getting into cuts and cracks beneath toe nails.
Why Choose Listerine as a Foot Soak?
Listerine as well has inactive ingredients specified water and a colourant. It also contains an alcohol—ethanol—which is also known for its disinfecting properties. Ethanol serves to allow the essential oils a chance to dissolve and be held together within the bottle so that the oils do not separate, much like alcohol is used in perfumery to hold the essential oils together to create one scent.
When feet is soaked in the Listerine foot soak, feet will become softer as the ingredients penetrate the epidermis of the skin, which is mostly dead tissue. You will probably would like to use a loofa or a cloth to rub your feet clean after your foot soak, particularly focussing around callouses and hardened heels. You will notice that your feet will remain feeling soft and supple for several days afterward.
Because Listerine has antiseptic properties, it’s also great for eradicating toenail fungus and athlete’s feet too. Making Listerine foot soak is fast and easy, but you’ll need to spend time relaxing, to gain it is beneficial properties.
Listerine Food Soak Recipe
You will need
- 1/4 cup Listerine original mouthwash
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 plastic tub that is big enough for your feet and tall enough for you to immerse your feet in water without overflowing.
How to Apply
- Pour all ingredients into the plastic tub. Grab a book.
- Place feet in your tub.
- Sit for thirty minutes, but ideally for one hour.
- Add more warm water to the tub if you want.
- Remove feet when done.
- Use a loofa to scrub your feet.
- Dead skin should slough off.
- Rinse your feet in warm water.
- Dry feet with a towel. Continue on with your day.
- Repeat once a week.
Listerine Vinegar Foot Soak for Dead Skin
If you have a lot of dry dead skin on the underside of your toes or heels, you may need to try a different type of foot soak.
You will need
- 1/4 cup Listerine
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup warm water from tap
- 1 plastic tub to soak your feet
How to Apply
- Pour all liquid ingredients into the plastic tub.
- Place feet in tub and relax.
- Wait for a period of half an hour to one hour.
- Add more warm water if you wish.
- Remove feet and use a loofa to get rid of dead skin.
- Rinse and dry.
Listerine Foot Soak for Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus not only looks unsightly, it can be embarrassing also. Men may particularly find it a challenge, as they can’t hide it with dark nail polish like women can. You will need to be patient, as it takes time for your old nails to grow out. New growth will resemble natural, normal nails.
You will need
- 1/2 cup Listerine
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Small plastic bowl—enough to comfortably place your toes in, but to keep the rest of your feet out.
How to use
- Pour liquid ingredients into the plastic bowl.
- Stick only your toes into the bowl.
- Ensure that your toenails are covered.
- Soak your toes for thirty minutes.
- Don’t rinse off feet.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- Repeat twice a day.
Listerine Treatment for Athlete’s Foot
Athlete’s foot is actually a fungus that grows on the bottom of the feet. It can make feet extremely itchy, and is contagious. Feet can too become swollen and sore over time with unsightly skin peeling. Listerine as well works as an effective treatment for athlete’s foot.
You will need
- Listerine mouthwash
- White vinegar
- Warm to hot water
- Tea tree oil (about twenty drops)
- Plastic tub
How to Use
- Place all ingredients in your plastic tub. Sit down.
- Soak feet for thirty minutes to one hour.
- Add hot water if you don’t like the water cooling down.
- When done, remove feet and pat dry.
- Repeat treatment twice a day until you experience relief.
- Don’t assume that Athlete’s Foot will not come back—continue treatments once a month, or as required.
It’s best to completely cover your feet in your Listerine foot soak, as you’ll never know which parts of your feet may be infected.
Benefits of Using Listerine for Beauty and Health
Try applying Listerine for many other beauty and health issues.
- Apply Listerine as a deodorant. Dab on with a cotton ball.
- Apply it as an aftershave lotion to prevent bumps and infection.
- Apply it to disinfect new body piercings.
- Dab it onto skin allergies such hives, to lessen itching, and decrease inflammation.
- Use it to insect, bee, and wasp stings to help relieve pain.
- Use it to blisters to help them heal, and to prevent infection.
- Soak your toothbrush once a month in a small cap of Listerine in order to sterilize it.
- Pour a small amount of Listerine into the water of your humidifier in order to prevent the growth of mildew or bacteria.
- Massage it into your scalp to help you to get rid of dandruff.
- Apply it to treat poison ivy or poison oak skin exposure.
- Pour 1/2 cup of Listerine into the water tank of your toilet and then flush. This will help to get rid of germs and odour, making your bathroom smell fresh.
- Apply Listerine to rub down faucets, door handles, light switches, and other regions of the bathroom or kitchen that are often touched by many hands. These will aid to prevent the spread of colds or viruses, particularly in the winter.
A Listerine foot soak will provide a soothing and healing treatment for many foot conditions, and you will too find that it’s nearly limitless uses for many other skin care and health conditions.
You will would like to buy 2 bottles of Listerine, one for your mouth and one for your body, as you discover many more beneficial uses for these affordable product.
Where to Buy Listerine?
Listerine products is easy to find compared to others, they’re readily available on medical stores or in online stores. listerine foot soak buy from amazon.