Outside of how delicious it’s, it is PACKED with nutrition your body will thank you for. Here is why:
1. Beets: If you do not eat beets, you are really missing out. Beets can help lower your blood pressure, boost your stamina, fight inflammation, provide anti-cancer properties and aid in detoxification and are rich in folate, vitamin B and C, fiber, potassium and manganese.
2. Cucumber: Cucumbers are perfect for a hot summer day because they’re highly hydrating. They help fight inflammation, support your digestive health, reduce your risk of cancer and protect your brain; they also contain antioxidant properties and support heart health. Cucumbers can too help you maintain a healthy weight and freshen your breath.
3. Coconut water: To me, coconut water is everything, it has a sweet nutty taste and makes a great addition to all my juices and smoothies. Them contains easily digested carbohydrates in the form of sugar and electrolytes. When added to a juice, it aids in absorption.
4. Purple carrots: Did you know that carrots came other colours other orange? The unique color of purple carrots reflects their healthy phytochemical components. They’re high in vitamin A and beta-carotene and rich in anthocyanins.
5. Ground flax: Ground flax is high in omega 3- fatty acids and has been shown to have beneficial heart healthy effects.
Now that you know why this juice is so awesome, let’s get to the recipe:
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2 large purple carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 3 small beets
- Dash of sea salt
- ¼ cup ground flax
- Toss all ingredients into a juicer.